Team TFC - Mad Monday Race Series #4
Join us each Monday for the Team TFC Mad Monday Race Series. The competition aims to have elements to suit all riders and teams with both individual GC competitions and bigger team competitions (both within category and across all categories). We would love to see as many teams as possible to compete to make this one of the central team race events on the Zwift calendar. There will be races to suit both European (7:20pm UK / 8:20pm CET) and American (8:45pm EST / 7:45pm CST / 5:45pm PST) time zones – each series will run independently in terms of the scoring. Details are included below of how each element of the series will be scored both individual and team. We will endeavour to get the results posted by Tuesday evening each week but please bear with us on this for the first few weeks while we set up the system and automate the results.
ZwiftPower Ranking Points are up for grabs during every stage too and we are expecting very strong attendance in the event so good points should be available.
Racers will score points in all categories with a maximum of 60 points awarded for 1st place down to 1 point for 50th place. All racers who finish the race will be awarded 1 point. Points will be allocated to each rider based on the ZwiftPower Category they were in at the start of each race. Points will be allocated by place as follows: 60, 55, 50, 47, 45, 44, 43, 43, 41, 40 and so on down to 1 point for 50th place. Any rider coming in >50th place will still earn 1 point for each race.
For this ‘Summer Series’ – we will now have only 7 of the 9 races to count which we hope will make the overall competition more interesting based on choosing some races that suit you but also give people the flexibility to miss a couple based on holidays and so on.
Bonus points: Each week there will be up to 30 bonus points available as laid out in the table above. We are now scoring the bonus segments based on first over the line as we feel this is the fairest way to do it and more consistent with how most racing is done. In order to ensure that all races have the same points available – some segments will score double points – for these just take the below and multiple by 2…
1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 1 point
If the bonus points lead to you being one of the highest 5 scoring members (depending on how many racers will count in a given race) in that race then the bonus points will also count towards the overall team competition as well.
The top 5 riders in each team score the Top Points – each rider beyond the top 5 will count as 1 point towards the team competition. Points in all Categories will be awarded with a maximum of 60 points down to 1 point. Ladies may enter any Pen of their choice but will be scored amongst all the riders in that Pen. Only Ladies may race from the E Pen.
Additionally, there is a restriction on the number of riders that will contribute to the team score per category depending on overall number of team people racing in each category.
- Less than 11 finishers: 1 rider
- 11-20 finishers: 2 riders
- 21-30 finishers: 3 riders
- 31-40 finishers: 4 riders
- 41 or more: 5 riders
Consistent with recently changed Zwiftpower rules – we will now apply WKG DQs for racers who exceed 0.1wkg (95% of 20min best) over their categories upper limit.
- Zwiftpower Category enforcement will be in force.
- Riders who have not completed the Zwiftpower registration will be removed from the results.
- All Racers MUST have a valid Height and Weight entered in to their Zwift settings. Racers with 0 or the default, will be disqualified.
- Racers who enter a category lower than the one on their Zwiftpower profile will be disqualified from the results. It is the riders responsibility to check that they have entered the correct category.
- Zwiftpower category upgraded riders must race in the higher category for the next event.
- If a rider is downgraded during the series for any reason other than an equipment change they must continue to race their initial category. If there is an equipment change they or their team captain must contact Team TFC for dispensation.
- All racers must wear HRM and the data must be visible in Zwiftpower. In the event of HRM failure during the race, Team TFC must be contacted immediately the race has finished.
- Z-power racers will be removed from the results.